Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Thoughts this morning

Today our first day back went better than expected.  Missed those kids and enjoyed the quiet house for a few minutes I was actually home.  PTA not as scary as I thought.  Just day by day.

A mom on our PTA and new this year at our school passed away right after Christmas.  I didn't know her super well but enough to be so grateful for her willingness to jump out and help and a fellow awesome mom in the trenches.  I'm so sad for her family and it shook me up more than I thought.

Every day my prayers have been how lucky I am.  Thank you for letting me have another day here.  Thank you for all this goodness in my life.  So so grateful for it.  And please can I have another day.

but on that note, as my friends have pointed out I'm not so great at decision making and committing...I thought it was my hidden secret but apparently not so hidden.  So of course new years resolutions I usually settle on by february ;)

Here are the ones I am working on for this year so far...

1.  Sew more

2.  Family History because I really like it.

3.  Have fun

4.  Go outside whenever I can

5.  Be positive

6.  Love what I have

This year I would really like to ditch the guilt trips and feeling bad for all that I can't do and enjoy my life.

I heard the best talk this morning and think I should hear it everyday.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1971/04/great-experiences?lang=eng

and anytime they swear in general conference its gonna be my favorite talk even though I try really really hard not to swear myself.

This week brings rain and we are so grateful.

Life is good.

Lala land was an awesome movie but I hated the end.  I like happy endings.

Very pleased that I conquered homemade yogurt in my instant pot and now forcing my kids to eat it.

poop on that championship game....it was pretty cute how much darby and baylie were into the game.  darby made an alabama sign to cheer!  and so impressed all the football they know!  probably as much as I do!

Okay, gotta go run and do morning family scriptures study before Jason gets on the train!

No comments: