Sunday, August 14, 2016

Holy crap tomorrow all my kids will be in school

What am I going to do with myself?

What am I not going to do with myself?

I feel like a chicken with its head cut off who is just turning in circles like a crazy person....so much to do. 

I have been a stay at home mom for 13 years and very comfortable home with my kids (despite a summer that at times wanted to torture and kill me) and fantasized about when the next phase would happen.

Now that its happening...what the heck do I do?

Well first of all, I don't want to lose it.  I am not getting a job.  This month is super tight with school shopping and random expenses but good thing I know how to pinch pennies and prioritize and cook! 

Yes I am currently the PTA president but I have a goal to only be at the school 1 day a week and set some boundaries for what I will do.  Still in Relief Society president so will get loads of service there and I would loooove to go to the temple more. 

My wise friend Beth, seriously she is so wise in so many things...has suggested a mom summer til labor day where we just ENJOY IT!  and so I'm thinking of a bucket list of things to do (go to the movies, go on a hike, read a book) until we have to worry about being productive. 

And crap, I don't think moms can not be productive. There is still lots of cleaning and laundry and chores...really my goal is not to do that so much during the day that I'm exhausted when my kids get home from school. 

Soooo as of now I'm thinking of daily goals, like exercise and scripture reading and enjoyment and then bigger projects like finally painting my bedroom (that has never been painted in 7 years and still has the streaks on the walls from when we scraped the ceiling!!!!)...and about a million other things.

Remember when I used to sew?  Wow where did that girl go? 

and really I just want to be a happy mom which means finding the right balance of fun, service, and sharpening the saw...

Going to cut myself lots of slack in trying to figure what that is and know myself that I liked to be open and spontaneious enough that I don't want to overschedule myself.

Okay...now I hear screaming.  Duty calls.  Going to make dinner in my instant pot.

Genius moment of the weekend....I have been begging all my kids to stay home with me and not go to school cause I will cry which of course is making them more eager than ever to go on Monday.  Disloyal children!  Sheesh..... working like a charm!  ;)  


2 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

Party, then do wash, clean house,prepare dinner, and their home : ) xo

Sara Jane said...

You will love it and you will find the balance. So much of your time could get sucked up into one thing so I like that you are trying to find a balance. I know that you will NEVER be bored :).