Friday, March 18, 2016

Oh my goodness so much to say

Well Luke had a birthday ...his 13th.  Wow he is really a teenager and he for sure looks like one!  What a difference a year makes!

Luke is awesome and he did not want to fuss.  He didn't ask for much and I really wanted to have some sort of party for him, but he did not want it.  He just wanted to have a Star Wars marathon and play PS4 with his new PS plus.   He got an iPod shuffle from Nana and Grandpa and I don't think has taken them out of his ears!!!  Not joking.  I don't know how I feel about that but at least its good music.

But I love this age.  So fun having him, what a great son.  Ya know except for this morning before school when he was a big crab and bit my head off for asking him about what was in his lunch (!!!) but wouldn't trade him for a gazillion dollars I think I got the very best one and love my one and only boy!  Luke gives great hugs and its become sort of a tradition when I start getting irritated at something going on in the house Luke comes up to me and says, You need a hug! I'm sure he does it to help simmer me down cause no one is happy when mom blows her lid.

Hmmm...what else.  so the shoes that I just bought him are 11 1/2 and the pants I bought were 32 x 30!  He is close to 140 lbs and pretty much thinks he is the coolest thing ever, especially his hair.  But seriously even though he has lots of reasons to be as confident as he is, he is still pretty humble and has a good head on his shoulders.  Really proud of him for his no swearing stance.  and really has helped set him apart from his friends over the years, but especially this year! and he is of course thoroughly embarrassed of me and thinks I know nothing!

His birthday dinner request was taco bell and brownies for dessert.

Oh yes, the girls.

3 girls at school gave him something for his birthday don't know how I feel about that.  he got this pink football that was all decorated, another girl baked him a plate a brownies and he got a bag of candy.  They all have names that start with the letter S so its hard to keep track of who's who's but reading his texts is pretty dang entertaining.  seriously they are so funny.  I try to do it as much as I can which really means like once a week.  I told Jason he is gonna have to step it up cause I cannot be the only detective in the house cause we have lots of text reading in our future.

We ended the night watching Merlin, Luke's favorite TV show right now.







 luke and jason filling out their brackets for march madness

 jr national honor society.  also known as 2,572nd thing that I have forced Luke to do in his life that turned out to be a great idea.



Luke and his pal Josh.  bless this Josh.  It was a neat story of mom personal revelation how I got these two together to be friends.  So far as we know they are the only boy Mormons in their grade.  They are both the oldest of 5 and hit it off immediately.  (and luke was wearing a white shirt and tie till 5 minutes before after asking his friend Nick what he was wearing.  Dude.. don't listen to Nick.  Nick was in shorts...aka Mom is always right ;)  Never forget that kid.  

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Luke is awesome!! So happy to have him as a nephew!! Cute Honor Society pictures. He sure looks happy and love that he gives you lots of hugs!

Nancy Jo said...

Ditto Linds comments! My mom would LOVE his eyebrows : ) Keep up the great work Luke - we love you!