Thursday, February 26, 2015

I really should be in bed

But I will write for just a little bit.

Ya see this week I started out strong, and then kinda crashed and burned.  that happens.

and like always, must dust myself off and try again.

So I'm going to download some pictures on here of some of the triumphs of motherhood.

Because I tend to look at only what I am doing wrong.  No seriously I think its a disease. 

And I think its important for me to stop and remember that there is a lot i am all doing right.

So in no particular order and no particularly long thinking here are some of my greater motherhood moments.

1.  Ivy eating kale.  Makes me happy every time she is wanting to eat my salad.

2.  My kids begging for lemon lettuce which is an Evans family tradition I successfully passed along.

3.  When they share, its like gold I tell ya.

4.  When I hear them playing the piano

5.  When they read their scriptures.

6.  When they eat fruit and vegetables and salad (why are so many of these food related apparently thats something I am always aiming for)

7.  When they are happy and getting the childhood I hoped for them

8. Luke mowing the lawn. 

9. Teaching the kids to ride a bike . Ok so technically I only taught the first two and then baylie taught herself and then Jason taught paisley but I'm claiming them all I tell you! All of them ;) 

10. When they are brave. Oh man I so love to see them be brave it is one of my favorite things! Hmmm maybe this one isn't from me either but I really try to help them not be scared of life

11. When the kids cook with me or chop things or crack eggs. Darby has been my cooking partner of late when if remember and us Mccoys like our food ;) 

12. It's totally dorky but really being the music leader was really neat because I got to teach them songs!! How many songs do we learn from our moms?? Tons! They are the first ones to teach us the abc song and row row your boat. 

13. Makeup. My girls sure no how to slather on some lipgloss and they are not afraid to use it. Your welcome kids. :). 

okay, i'm out thats all i could come up with.  But when I was lamenting to my sister about a certain son, cough cough, being just like me in not the best way, she said to me, but yes that also means he is like you in the good parts too.

okay now for the photos.




I really love when they eat my food. And this was a glimpse of tonite. Every nite we eat without Jason and I don't get stressed or someone in trouble is a success to me. It's taken a while to get there.

This is picfure I loved oh look how cute my family playing a card game . Oh wait Luke just whacked baylie..... Errr maybe not so perfect. 


Ok ignore the face Luke is making but this was like a perfect moment for me. Like exactly what I envisioned my family being like in my wildest dreams. During morning scripture reading Luke was helping paisley read and it was just so so cute. 


I love when they play together and maybe not something I particularly did as a mother but dang it I'm claiming it hehehe 



Sponteous moments are the best . One Saturday Jason let me sleep in (love you forever for that thank you!) and I came down stairs to this glorious sight! Oh to be a kid with all your stuffed animals crowded around you in a box! I'm going to miss this age 

2 comments:

Brandon Walter Evans said...

Does luke have an email?

Nancy Jo said...

I loved this post! You have an awesome family and I think you are a terrific mom!!!