Friday, September 21, 2012

Welp

Darby told me this morning her dreams have come true. 
I asked what? (even though Jason had already told me she said this)
She said, Dad doesn't have to go to work!  I have been wishing for this to happen.
Well, I'm so glad Darby is so happy she is going to see her dad a lot more. 
That is the good part.
In college, my roommates and I would discuss that there are two kinds of people.  Open books and closed books.  Obviously you know which category I fall under.  The theory being we'd rather have more people knowing and cheering in our corner than being quiet about it. 
THIS being Jason losing his job.   I had noticed he hasn't had to work late very much, but too pleased to want to jinx it (note to self, that meant business was slow stop spending so much just in case something like this were to happen!), He work'ed' for a small business and they cut a chunk of the staff. 
Anyway, as Jason says we are now apart of the 8% of the population.  I hope this is a quick transition we are prepared for both.  That is a lie, are we prepared to be long term out of work?  nope.  I'm rooting for speedy. 
The last time we tackled a job loss we had only two kids and were apartment managing.  Thankfully I'm stocked up for two months of shots and a full pantry and plenty of diapers.  We have always paid our tithing and know the Lord provides. 
Really its good timing (she tells herself).  The holidays are not yet upon us.  Plus it was the day before I was going to buy the brand new iphone so that money gets to stay in my pocket (not really my pocket but you get me).  Now I'm sticking with my good old trusty not smart one that has survived being submerged in water but can only work on speaker.  Perhaps we are never to be parted.
Life is crazy.  Good thing I know how to cook :)  we will be eating in for a while. There are so many worse things that could be happening.

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

We are praying it will be speedy too. That is a great quote by Darby. Love kids. Glad u have 2 months shots. But so sad you are part of 8%. Love you. Xo

Maria said...

We'll be praying for you too. So scary but if any family can handle it, yours can.

Chris Garff said...

Brooke that just stinks no matter what. I'm so sorry, but you are right--there are so many other things to be grateful for. Hoping and praying for a speedy job find for you guys.

Laura said...

So sorry to hear this Brooke. We will be praying for something great for you guys around the corner. You guys are just the best and I know Heavenly Father is looking over you guys and has something up His sleeve

Beth said...

You guys are one strong and faithful family and I know it will all work out. What's the saying I saw on pinterest "I'm ready for some blessings that AREN'T in disguise". Seriously !!! Well you know you can count on me for budgeting, penny-pinching, or finding freebie play date with our kids. Hang in there!!

Than and Erica said...

I"m sorry. That is really cute that she said that her dreams had come true though. He's talented and works hard and I'm sure will be employed in no time. Good luck.

christy said...

Oh dang. I'm sorry. I hope he gets a job that's even better and that in the mean time you guys all have so much fun having more time together.

Unhappy Customer said...

So stressful....praying for you and hopefully it'll be quick.

Heather said...

Praying it'll be quick! Enjoy your extra time together!

Courtney said...

We are praying for a speedy job find! Hang in there!