Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Posting Regret

Does anyone ever have posting regret? My sister and I used to refer to a term called 'night talk' about how you shouldn't talk about about anything important after a certain time. Because it will sound stupid or less important in the morning.

I wonder if it applies to 6 in the morning as well?

After a 'passionate post' I write late at night I always think that. Like all the bigger topics in the world. Like almost as soon as my alarm went off at 5 a.m. today.

Like hey, how about that inauguration today? Is is really costing $170 million? Will this President do everything he promises? Will he really fix the world through peace and green energy?

You can feel the excitement of today. What time is it on? We are all pulling for him. I personally didn't think there would be an African American President this soon, being from Bama and all. Its pretty amazing. And dang it if he is not the most well spoken man on the planet. I hope that takes us as far as everyone is hoping. Change can be for good or bad. And he is sure inheriting one heck of a mess. Bank of America bailout now?

And what about that Tom Hanks and his comment about Mormons? Why we can't run into these people on the street? So he can tell me how un-American I am. That would be a good conversation.

9 comments:

Heather said...

I was so disappointed to hear about Tom Hands' Mormon bashing. I use to love his movies. I guess he'll join Tom Cruise on the list of actors I can't stand. (That stems from the whole Brooke Shields incident.)

Heather said...

That's Hanks not Hands. My fingers aren't working yet. It's too cold.

Beth said...

I would say Obama probably won't accomplish everything he promises. But yes - today is exciting!!! If nothing else it's a feeling of a new start.

I didn't know about Tom Hanks... Boo. :(

Oh, and PS - I love all of your posts. :)

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

I didn't hear about Tom Hanks bashing the Mormons. Can you provide a link to that?

Heather said...

Here's a link to the Tom Hanks story. http://www.mormontimes.com/people_news/church_news/?id=5851

Lindsey said...

K--I just read your last post. And it made me cry. I guess I was needing a pep talk and thinking about how true all that was. Good theories. I wonder what you will think when you have 4! But I know about the night talk thing. Just happened the other night to me actually. I tell Nathan all the time, anything I say after 10 I don't mean.
About Obama--I am trying to be hopeful that he will make some good happen. I thought it was so amazing how many people were there for the inauguration today!

Sarah Heder said...

I always have "post regret". Actually, I debate on a daily basis to go private with my blog. I still can't make up my mind. I always feel so vulnerable when I post most anything on my blog. But at the same time, people can relate, just like I did to your last post. I really needed to hear that.

the happy thomas family said...

i was utterly disgusted when i heard about the tom hanks thing. and here all this time i've thought that he was one of the more "conservative" celebrities. but, i just he can have his own opinion... i just think it humorous that i can't have mine.

and while i didn't vote for obama and don't agree with the majoritiy (if any) of his policies... i am hopeful that i will be proven wrong. above all else, i am trying to at least support the title... if not the man.

Courtney said...

I don't know why but it was a very emotional thing for me to see Obama sworn in as the 44th president of the United states. We have come a long way in just 60 years. There was so much hate in the South just 60 years ago. So many awful and unjust things were done to so many African Americans in the South. I hope this event will help dissolve racism. I think Obama will be a great role model for the African American community. I think he is a great man, and I look forward to seeing the good he will do. He has a lot on his shoulders.
History was made yesterday, and it was a very neat event. So many people are so proud of him and so grateful to him for what he has done for the African American community. It is fun to see and feel that change.