Thursday, May 31, 2018

Not quitting yet! Teenager-land

So I thought I was done with this old bloggity blog but lately I have been feeling the pull to start back writing on it again!  Because while I don't have anymore toddlers, I do have TEENAGERS!  and they need to be documented to.

Okay, so here's the thing.  I am determined to love these Teenagers years!  I only have 3 more left with Luke home (knock on wood everything goes to plan) and recently have a second teenager in the house!!!

Having a different experience with both of them, but this is going to be great.  Like does that mean its issue-free?  no way, lots of course correcting, and monitoring and little stuff, but dang sure feels like I'm reaping the rewards of all my hard work in their younger years because I really like these people! 15 year boys are awesome!  And so thrilled I have a 13 year old daughter now too! She is beautiful on the inside and outside.

There are a lot of unknowns and questions I have for the future...like how are we going to field the car situation, or dating (eek) and wow seminary was a butt kicker but we did it!  Goooo McCoy Team!!!!!

And shoot Jason and I need to go on a vacation, and lots of stuff needs to be fixed but just one day at a time.  I joined the gym and that has been a good stress/mood manager.

Summer is almost upon us (today is two oldest last day of school but the girls have 2 more weeks) and we have a very busy June in different directions (Jason going to Florida!, high adventure and a Lake Tahoe soccer tournament).  Why do I do so many parentheses?  Why don't I just make them regular sentences? (cause they are more fun duh)

Here is current summer thoughts.  Each kid will take a day to make a lunch.  Must have a fruit or veggie with meal.  Prepare all by themselves.  And then help with dinner.

And then I no longer do bucket lists cause I learned my lesson (hello that felt like work!) but we are going to do a summer goal list with 3 goals.  one of those is something they will learn to cook.  I want to learn how to make pretzels.  Anybody have any good goals for a mom trying to stay sane in the summer?  I'm getting closer to my only New Years resolution which was to watch every episode of the Office!  That has been a fun one.

I'm back.  missed you old friend.

No comments: