Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thoughts on the brain

I am bathing less and less in my life.  That is probably not a good thing.  But definitely helpful for the drought.  Or maybe it would be a public service if I do ;)

Soccer O Soccer.  It has been fun.  The scariest things in life often end up the best things.

But I will say I dread practice days.  Because my practices are either so amazingly awesome or duds. Doesn't seem to be an inbetween.

So far my team (Darbys) has won 2 games. but 1 of those was our first official game after 4 friendlies!  so technically we are undefeated, a thought that amused us all.

Baylie's a little spitfire player no surprise there.  I have no idea how people do this all the time or more than 3 kids in sports cause  it crazy busy.  Darby and I have already agreed not to even suggest her for allstars cause as much as we love it will be nice when its over!  Saturdays are slammed.

Is that show Pimp my ride still on?  I highly doubt it but seeing as I don't have cable (sniff sniff, will never get over that even if its good for me) if so I need to suggest my lovely mini van.  Maybe they could put a mini fridge in it?  Or a dvd player that actually works?  Or add another foot on the back for the growing bodies?  hmmm....

we finally finished reading Little Women which is the longest book I have read aloud to them at night.  Wow was it good. And so sweet in that they have four girls too.  Luke refused to listen, which is also the first book he has done that for but somehow managed to keep tabs on the plot.

Such a good book and the reward is to watch the movie all together.  Feels like we have been waiting so long.  We cried so much in the book I don't think we will in the movie and really such great characters and love looking into that time of life.  And it proved to be the most effective way to get everyone to go to sleep, all except Darby who was always enthralled.  If we ever get to go back East would love to take the girls to her house! All and all it is a happy book though don't be scared by my tears.  Or at least my version of a happy book.  :)

Jason and I watched Dr Who last nite and oh it was hard to wake up this morning!

But I finally figured out what I'm going to be for Halloween and this might be the earliest I've ever planned it!

Going to try this for dinner.  7 can soup from pioneer woman.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/seven-can-soup/

Good way to use up old canned food!
Today was the first day I have bought Velveeta cheese and it was for it.  Don't know if my kids will like it but figure if i serve it with homemade rolls they will eat anything!  Tough crowd sometimes!


3 comments:

Lindsey said...

No way! First time buying velveeta! That is impressive, even though I try not to buy processed chz. Way to go for soccer! I totally get it. Take some video of baylie playing. would love to see it! I can't believe you read little women to them. You are such a good mom! We cheated and just watched the movie but it is now one of the girls favorites.

Lindsey said...

No way! First time buying velveeta! That is impressive, even though I try not to buy processed chz. Way to go for soccer! I totally get it. Take some video of baylie playing. would love to see it! I can't believe you read little women to them. You are such a good mom! We cheated and just watched the movie but it is now one of the girls favorites.

Nancy Jo said...

I love your blog but can't believe you admitted that you bath less and less. Scary. Although just living with you for a week, I didn't notice any hygiene problems at all so I guess it is fine : ) still wouldn't admit it. Miss your family!