Friday the 13ths are the best! Super lucky and already a super day.
Happy Birthday to my DAD! so close to 60 now ;)
My dad is a pretty funny. Just have been thinking lately that not all dads are created equal and I got a good one.
Since I can't see my dad and hug him on your birthday I have to settle for texts and calls. Here is what I have learned from him with my 34 years with him on earth. I'm sure on a different day I could come up with a different 13, but here is what I thought of today.
1. Don't forget to stop and smell the roses. My dad used to write letters to me when he was gone in Deseret Storm when I was in 6th grade and then again when I went to college. One time I got like five cards in the mail from him for my birthday. In college he used to always say don't forget to stop and smell the roses.
2. Be nice to my husband. He is always asking about Jason and checking that I'm being nice to him (much more when we were first married!).
3. It can always get worse. (so be grateful)
4. Clean better
6. Work hard.
7. Talk to everyone, especially the cashier when you are checking out.
8. Say your sorry and get over it.
9. Go to freaking church. Every week. The whole thing. And pay attention.
And do your home teaching.
10. Dogs are like family (at least in the Evans house)
11. Try, try again.
12. Watch baseball.
13. If someone gives you something, you take it. Especially if its money.
My dad turned into an awesome grandpa. My kids think he is fun and always takes the fun to the next level (my mom does that too). Sure wished we lived closer but glad we are related.
and special SHOUT OUT to my dear friend Claire. She is superb and so glad I know her! I hope I can as good as mom as she is!