Saturday, May 19, 2012

Luke as Humpty Dumpty


Yesterday was a good day.  We got to see Luke in his school performance of Character Matters.  He played Humpty Dumpty and he even sang.  Luke did great, he was a awesome little actor!  

We were so proud of him and know that was out of his comfort zone but he did it! 
Seriously I was shocked. 
 I know he didn't volunteer 
and when he first heard about the play he told me he didn't want to be in it at all.
Afterschool, and after a McDonalds ice cream run, he wished he could do the play again (they performed twice at school)  I'm glad I didn't miss either one, it was historic!

Thanks to his awesome teacher Mrs. Helgeson, he had her two years ago and I know its because he was so comfortable with her that she was able to stretch and motivate him like this.

Funny how things you don't think as blessings at the time (like him being in a split class last year) turn out to be.  Even neater when you see a teacher really enjoys your child and rallies around them.

Way to go Luke, you were brave and you rocked!



No comments: