While news is leaking, I decided to take a few minutes to come up with potential responses when people ask me if I am pregnant with #5. Jason is helping come up with suggestions, after all he is part of making this baby thing happen. Please wait and read them all and vote for you favorite.
So Brooke, Are you pregnant? WHAT! Did I hear right? Are my ears deceiving me?
1. You betcha. What can I say, we love babies, gotta squeeze in one last McCoy.
2. Course we are sucka, whatchoo going to do 'bout it?
3. Well, my butt wasn't quite big enough so we thought a fifth pregnancy would do the trick. Plus it got me out of being on a diet. Crap, what do you mean I should still do that? Not cookies and brownies everyday? Well thanks, you should have told me that like two babies ago. What a good friend you are.
4. Other people play the violin, well this body can make a baby, its my talent...like a baby machine...too bad for that arthritis crap, other than that I'm an ox...or would the correct animal be rabbit? Talking, eating and baby making. Gotta use what you got.
5. Do you think the babysitters will still let me pay them $10 bucks an hour?
6. Well, instead of Christmas presents I knew all Luke really wanted in the whole world was a brother, so we decided to make his wildest dreams come true. What? You think its a girl? I do too. So we will have four gorgeous daughters...Thank you Means family for inspiring me with all your beautiful girls.
7. Jason looked at me funny one day, and the next day I was pregnant. Don't let him look at you in the eye.
8. Well, I'm too chicken to tell my friends that beach camping without husbands got the best of me last year, so now I have a great excuse this year that is valid and doesn't make me look like a wimp. (but see you in 2012 ladies, right???? or maybe 2013?)
9. I was getting bored with these other four.
10. See, there is this boy named Owen. He is calm and sweet. He is friends with Luke. Owen's birthday is in June. So I thought, if I had a June baby, maybe we'd finally have one that is calm. What, your birthday is in June? Crap, now its ruined.
11. What can I say? My other two sisters are due in 2011. We did the same thing in 2007, exact same order. We have to be exactly the same (wink wink) My mom was a traveling fool. To quote Lindsey, "We'll make you a really awesome photo book again Mom!" Baby repeat 2007 woot woot! Does that mean we will all have girls again?
12. My parents were gonna have 11 grandkids in 2011 but that sounded way to catchy, but I'm all for ruining catchy. 12 in 2011 is much better, right?
13. Our year wasn't crazy enough, our house felt too big, had too much money in the bank, and way too much free time... thankfully a fifth baby will solve all these problems.
14. Just trying to repopulate the earth. What? It's already populated?
15. I really hate sleep. Crap, that is not true. Well, good thing naps were invented.
The reactions to this baby have been all across the spectrum. Its like a social experiment. Mostly we've been able to tell people face to face (sorry if I haven't seen you lately so you didn't get the face to face) and its been priceless.
Here is the bottom line.
We ARE having a baby, schedule for June 14th which really means the first of June. Just for a recap, Lindsey is due in February and Courtney in May, and my grandma is very sick, so please pray for my mom too. This will be an intense year for her too. And my dad who will never see her again. As for Jason and I, this has been a major decision for us, no not an accident. We went back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and usually were not on the same page.
For me, I felt like every time my house was a mess, I lost my temper, the day was nuts and life was down, there was no way I was having another baby. But when things were good, I was in the temple and taking those quiet moments to myself to contemplate our life, there was a definite impression that another baby was meant for our family. So which do you choose? The crabby, negative version of yourself that is full of self doubt , or the person who listens to the spirit and believes in personal revelation even though the future might seem like how in the heck are we going to do this? Well you know what we choose. Faith. We chose to have faith.
Jason and I have had to take leaps of faith (also could be referred as doing crazy things) together many times before and so this is just another one of those times. We moved to LA with no jobs and didn't know a soul, we've had major medical bills, we never dreamed we could buy a house, but the the impossible is made possible again and again. Fortunately, as weeks pass, I am more and more confident in our decision. My good friend Misty pointed out, who knows more about suffering during pregnancy more than any person I know personally, ...."Just because its the right choice, doesn't mean its going to be easy."
So wish us luck, at least one thing is for sure, it will be one dang cute baby.
P.S. This will be grandkid #21 on Jason's side.
P.P.S. I'm 13 weeks along and Paisley will be 21 months apart cause I know you are counting. Darby and Baylie are 22 months apart.