Sunday, March 2, 2008

I got TAGGED...all about hubby

Disclaimer: This might be more than you want to know about me and Jason. So read selectively. Renee 'tagged ' me. ..oh so creative the culture of blogger (or is it Mormon culture?)

This is really revenge. I found some old pics, but couldn't find the one where his has a mow-hawk...rats. Because today at church I had to write a letter about Luke that they were going to give to him for his birthday as a keepsake. Well, they surprised me and Jason wrote a letter about me too. They told him I blushed. How embarrassing, but it was nice to see his perspective on me. Marrying an English major I was expecting homemade sonnets, but none have come my way yet....but yesterday's letter was a nice surprise.



What is his name? Jason Eldon McCoy
Who pays the bills? Me. Online.
His guilty pleasure? Basketball. But thats not a guilty pleasure really.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do, unless I'm trying to be tricky and switch cause the kids come to the right side, but dang it, they still find me even if I move. Sneaky children. I'm just the more amiable in the night. Jason is more dead to the world.

Who is more stubborn? Why or why didn't I marry a pushover?

(okay so this pic isn't Jason, but its one of my boys...little Lukey).
How long have you been married? 8 years
How long did you date? four months from our first kiss we were married. We don't play around.

(Last minute halloween costume, florida hurricane victims....pre-katrina, but still tacky, I know)
How old is he? 32
How old are you? 29 in two weeks

Who mows the lawn? Gardeners like every Californian.
Who cooks dinner? Me. J does breakfast unless its eggs.
Who drives? I would like to change this. Cause I never drive when he is home. And its MY car!

Who eats more sweets? Me. But in my defense, I have a more refined palate and cannot be satified by Hostess cupcakes, unlike Jason who would eat them daily

Besides you, who is his best friend? His brothers

Who said I love you first? Jason did...I vaguely remember.
Who is taller: duh...J-dog. Easy to beat 5 nothing.

Who can sing better? Tie. But I will say we both sing with gusto. Jason would probably say him. (for the record, Jason bursting out laughing when he read this and saw it was a tie....I was right, he does this its him)
Who is smarter? Tie...but am really interested in what J (stud muffin) would say.

Who does the laundry? The laundry fairy (me), but we are going from Jason's perspective here.
Who does the dishes? He is a great unloader

Who has more siblings? Jason is one of 9 and I'm one of 4.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me. But I held his hand first.

What was your first date? In college, four-wheeling. And interestingly I had Spam for the first time on our first date. It was more like an all day date. We split to each go with our respective friends to the BYU game, and then met back up to go ice blocking (sliding done on a hill sitting on a block of ice...good clean fun) and play games with friends.

Who proposed? Jason, but I wish I could go back and time and change it...ouch, I know. But I love you honey. I would still say yes, but little did I know I was setting the precedent of what level of romanticism was acceptable.

What is your favorite thing about him? Watching him play sports...yes children you can thank me later for helping out our gene pool...Definitely how great of dad he is, which I totally scored on, because I just married him because he was a good kisser. And he is nice to everyone and very diplomatic. We have fun together.

Who wears the pants? Both

I TAG Lolo and Cori
(and anyone else who wants to give it a whirl)

7 comments:

Beth said...

Okay, now I'm curious as to what your proposal story is since you eluded to it not being very romantic. Very cute pictures.

brookeisacrazylady said...

not telling. its very anti-climatic

Rachel said...

brooke, you are the best! i love all your blogs and pretty much everything about your blog, but this one was especially great. i loved all the old pics too. such a cute family!

Renee said...

I'm so glad you did it. Very cute!

Heather said...

I love the picture of your Mom sitting on Luke. So funny!

Amber said...

Cute pictures! Isn't it funny to go down memory lane.

Lindsey said...

That is so great. I love the facts. I cracked up about you guys Tie-ing in the singing and that J was laughing about it. I have never had spam. I can't believe you have been married 8 years.
I know you tagged me b/c you are sick of looking at the same picts:).