Friday, July 10, 2015

Friends

My dear friend Emily turned 40. I think we met when I was 22 and have been friends soon after. I remember the first time I talked to her when I just moved to California she gave me directions to the beach and now having lived here they are the most hilarious directions ever. She told me just to take Santa Monica blvd west and eventually I would hit the beach. It is true. You would eventually hit the beach.

She has so many good qualities and such a kind heart. I have learned so much from her over the years and those are the best kind of friends to have. She is firm in her faith in Jesus, has great eye for design and good restaurant picks. One of my favorite things about her is that she always bids on the ugly cake. If there is an auction she will fork out dough (hahahahhahaha) for the ugliest cake that no one else wants.  She says it's because she knows what it feels like to be the one bringing it!  She is a great mom and wife, stays healthy and loves movies.

If there is something I am blessed with it's having an outrageous amount of people I love and admire and Emily is definitely one of them. 

Oh yes so of course we had to celebrate at Disneyland since she has never been there without kids. We only had a few hours there after a crazy commute but we still had fun 





This might be my favorite picture of us at all time. Thank you encino girls for making my non planning bad at staying in touch self still stick to our fun dates...



No comments: