Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Movie Ratings

Man I'm so bummed Christmas is coming so soon but we have been taking advantage or watching as many Christmas movies as possible this month.  I will assume you have all watched Elf, Polar Express,  The Grinch (not the live action one, blech) and Frosty the Snowman  and some random like Mickey and Madagascar Christmas additions too.   Here is the verdict on the keepers courtesy of Netflix.  Also the fact that Jason canceled our cable a while ago and now its finally turned off might have something to do with it.  sniff sniff, brainless television surfing I miss you but probably good we broke up.

Okay, back to movies.  This one is from my childhood and now was introduced to my kids.  About a grumpy mom who doesn't like christmas who needs to change.  Its old, literally the little girl is the same as me.


Okay, next is Mistle-tones with Tori Spelling and one of those twins we grew up with that I didn't know could sing so well and I think I could be friends with now in adulthood.  Literally its worth it just to watch Tori Spellings makeup move, but they had me at musical.  



Santa Paws 2.  Okay, so the first ten minutes I thought I was going to stab my eye and its the weirdest looking Santa ever and was seriously embarrassed for the cast, but it ended up  being totally cute!  Its a musical #1 and #2 its tongue in cheek for much of it which I also love.  And who knew Mrs. Claus had so much work done?  She looks goooood. 



Okay, maybe after approved Santa Paw 2 you should just stop listening to me, but this Christmas Angel was cute too.  I love Christian ones and liked the cast and again, bumpy start but turned out really cute. I should also say I mostly have watched all these movies while folding laundry or wrapping presents.  




Okay so of course we had to watch the original one too and I would say I liked the 2nd one better?  But this one is still a pass and ten stars for normal looking Santa and Mrs. Claus even if some of my kids thought he still looked a little freaky.  And who doesn't love a Mrs. Hannigan type character?  



Okay I think this one is from Norway?  but was cute and we were all hooked.  



Okay what have you been watching?  Sure feels like the sickies have been going around so might need a few more before the big Christmas Day.  Still hoping to get in Its a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street.  






1 comment:

Heather said...

Over the last couple of years, I've watched almost all of the Christmas movies on Netflix, but not Santa Paws. lol This year I've watched Coming Home for Christmas, All I want for Christmas, Switchmas, and Small Town Santa so far. I like the ABC Family and Hallmark Christmas movies. I wish you could search by that on Netflix. My favorite is the 1990's Miracle on 34th Street. Of course I watch all the Christmas cartoons that come on TV too. I've been without cable for 5 years. So long as I can get the major networks for free with an antenna, I don't think I'll ever sign up for cable again.