Things I learned this week:
1. Beach camping is sooooo fun. And will do it every summer that I can (read: not pregnant or with infant). This party got started by that amazing Means family (remember, 6 girls, 1 bathroom, gorgeous blondes) that I'm always bragging about it. They helped me and held my hand and gave me a pep talks the night before, cause if I wasn't commmitted I would have chickened out, cause I was super nervous. Close to vomitting nervous I would say. But they cheered me on and helped me setup my tent!
2. Smores are hands down the best dessert ever, I knew this, but just remembered...although the single roasted marshmellow is close second.
3. I can camp without Jason. Me and the kids slept all snuggly in the green tent from Target. I was invited to go with a moms and kids group near Santa Barbara. One time I counted 44 children (under 18) there. They were all pros and camped there for years. I was a weanie-anti-camper-virgin- person. But no more.
4. I should have brought more water, and better food. Cause even though maybe you can survive on PB & J sandwiches, makes it more fun to eat chinese chicken salad and teriyaki wings... Pretty much I owe much thanks to the Kekauoha family who fed us dinner and suffered through our mediocre breakfasts that I provided.
5. I think I love camping...at least camping with hot water showers and real bathrooms. My new friend Shay says beach camping does not constitute real camping, but it was real enough for me.
6. I like camping without bugs. I didn't see a spider or an ant or a roach. Pretty much the exact opposite of Alabama...sorry bama folks, but your bugs are nasty.
7. I want to go beach camping with Jason now too. Cause we made some great memories. And the kids missed their dad. The kids had a blast. I had a blast. We slept great. We love the beach. The view on the drive up was worth it too. Made me appreciate living in California. What a beautiful place with perfect weather!
8. I might be allergic to cameras. Cause the other one is broken too. So no pictures to show you of our fabulous adventure. I took my digital to the beach when my mom was here and it is dead. But I did purchase a disposable camera at rite aid so I hope I still got some pictures.
9. I can't think of anymore cause my kids are sleeping and I need a nap, but it feels wierd to end at number nine, so I'll probably edit this later.