Thursday, September 28, 2017

answered prayers

yesterday I had two incredible things happen to me.

first one that happened is I went to lunch with my PTA friends and a new parent who wanted to get involved and asked her to be president and she said yes.  Okay yes we technically had a president but only in name.  But this girl is going to be amazing!!!!!!  and guess what that means, my prayers all those dang prayers were answered in the most fantastic way.  Because not gonna lie I was kinda wondering if God was leaving me hanging.  But He didn't!  and I should not be surprised!  Because why wasn't my prayer not being answered when I wanted it to?  First of all because this mom didn't even go to our school or live here and He knew she was coming so I just needed to hold my horses!  Seriously its so great and amazing I'm pinching myself!

Ok the next the thing was super amazing  FYI yesterday was jam packed holy heck how am I going to do it all. And actually it seems that I have had more of those days lately than not and you know I don't like those kind of days, I prefer to not be as schedule but dang it life is demanding it from me so I'm just holding tight!  And with God's help I have gotten everything done!  (at this point in the story I am realizing that I talk a lot about church and God on my blog but guess what? Thats just me and what I love)

So the big kids (i.e.: Luke and Darby) had a temple trip tonite with the other youth. Jason was meeting them there, I had soccer practice with Baylie and needed to leave my house at the latest at 4:45 and taking Paisley and Ivy with me (duh).  I just had a few minutes and checked all our family search accounts and none of us had any family ancestry names ready for baptism (if you are wondering about this, lets have a chat and I can explain it but not doing it here at the moment).  Okay so nothing, and I have like 5-10 minutes.  Should I go get ready for soccer or do I try one more thing?

I didn't to try.  So I said a prayer, and this was my prayer.  Dear Heavenly Father, my kids are going to the temple tonite and if any of my family wants to have their baptism done I need your help to find me.   In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  Simple.

So I'm looking at my family tree.  Trying to poke around.  nothing there nothing here.  Then I spot a name that I love and whose work I have done.  Edmonia Hines.  I click on her and she has a bunch of new information now, her 1900 and 1910 censuses are there!  (Censuses are good especially the 1900 one).  And guess what?? Guess what Edmonia helped me find.  All her children!!!!!!!!!  I was so excited.  But then guess what the next thought was after I added them.

What is this isn't right?  Whats if I just can't find the duplicates and something has already done them?  Whats if this will just be a waste of time?  So I hesitated.  Hmmm....what do I do?  and I have like 2 minutes at this point.

But then I remembered something I recently read from Elder David Bednar.  THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES IN THE WORK OF THE LORD.  I had prayed and got such a clear definite answer, why am I doubting that?  So I reserved and printed the temple name cards out just as I was running out the door and yelled for Darby to cut them and bring them!  (Thank you to my good friend Laurie who took them to the meeting spot) And my kids did the names!   Guys I hope you realize how amazing this is that I found these names that quickly after my prayer!  Like a total hand of God.

And then I went to soccer, went to the school art nite, dropped off the girls quick while Baylie babysat (desperate times!) and ran out of the nite time relief society visit!  Whew!  What a day.

Then late I talked to the kids about the temple and Jason too.  Luke's comment was when I asked him how it was that everything just seems smaller when he is there.  Lifes problems, school stuff, etc.  And that is true.  Everything just seems smaller.

Which brings to me the theme of the week which I heard in women's conference from my favorite Sister Marriott.

Some things matter, some things don't.  A few things last, but most things won't.

Now the trick to only worry about the stuff that matters and lasts!!!

5 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

love the stories mom!-Baylie

brookeisacrazylady said...

sooooo neat. :D-baylie

Lindsey said...

That is sooo cool!! I love the stories too. Prayer and family history work goes hand in hand I have found too!! Way to go!!

Brandon Walter Evans said...

Nancy Jo said...

You are awesome! What a great example you are for you children!!! And for those you are doing temple work for the dead!! They love you!!!