Friday, October 3, 2008

Todays Theory...

Okay, so I have five minutes before I pick up my babysitter, but just had these thoughts rolling in my head.

Yesterday was partly a lie. Capris are still really cute on my mom.

And that maybe I don't put myself as priority number one. But I'm not moaning about it.

I chose this. Even though I can't remember when I last bought a shirt for myself and desperate need to replace my now one-inch lipliner that I've had for two years. In my brief single years I would have never guessed I could be so low-maintenance. I know my beauty salon friend shudders when she sees my eyebrows and pores. but I'm on a budget and sacrificing time and money to have this lifestyle. Because dang right I could be some fancy corporate woman, which is why my kids are so dang lucky to have me as there mom. Even a crazy one whose house keeping skills are sub-par. Cause at least they get plenty of me.

And that is why, every minute I get to myself I deserve. Not that I think it should be the same as someone who doesn't have children. Because for this time in my life, I am in the trenches. There will be later days for two hours at the gym. But right now I have to run at 5:10 a.m. because that is what I can do (even though I've skipped this week). And its great.

Now off to reclaim some resemblence of a girl.

8 comments:

christy said...

amen, sista!

Lindsey said...

Have fun and enjoy. Getting my hair done is my favorite thing ever! You def deserve it and glad ya know it.

Unknown said...

Motherhood is a foreign land to me. I think all my friends are amazing Moms and I waited so long (mormon standard) to have my own critters that I get to steal all of your parenting skills! My Mom made it look so easy but now I have my suspicions! ;)

Courtney said...

I am jealous that you were getting a baby sitter. Fun fun. There always should be time for you. :)

brookeisacrazylady said...

don't be jealous when mom was just at your house for two days. does not compare!

Maria said...

Brooke, you and my mom make it look easy but my nails have never looked worse and I don't want to discuss my eyebrows or the dark circles under my eyes BUT I wouldn't have it any other way. I love staying home with my Emma Pie.

sara said...

Keep running and lets do the half marathon in Agoura. It is on a Saturday in March!!

Princess Julie said...

I am so with you on needing a break that our fam is in PS right now and Chris knows I need a sanity break so he is out for a few hours with the boys so I can do nothing and I have no grandma around. It is the best thing!! I am looking for Access Hollywood or Extra or something cheesy like that to watch.

Put a pic of your cute cut on the blog. You are an awesome MOm!!
Julie R.