Friday, May 3, 2019

Who is your Life Coach?

Oh my goodness, typing on here feels like saddling up to my old best friend?

Do I even remember how to put my thoughts and feelings and funny life recordings on here?  We will see.

Sooo, I have joined the Marco Polo app....I use that a lot to communicate with my friends and family who I don't live by.  Especially my family who are in different time zones and rarely see.  The McCoys have 8 living siblings in our family dispersed between 5 different states so getting alllll together is a rarity.  Like someone might have to die.  Oh wow that sounds morbid.  How about we go with married.  Someone has to get married....wait we still didn't get that with the last one (Hello Kenzaboone!)...Ok, how about someone has to die or get married with lots of advanced warning and can't conflict with any prepaid very important previously scheduled event. And on the west coast.

Now the Evans, well we got to see each other in December which was wonderful.  Four siblings are in four states, but that number is about to go down to 3.

Hot tip if you want your family to use the Marco Polo app...stalk them. I mean remind them.  over and over and over...and then maybe they might reciprocate.  Seriously though I love it.  And don't tell me you hate looking at your face, so don't look at it.  Prop it up on the counter while you are chopping veggies like the good parent you are ;). or insert hot Cheetos.  But maybe don't chop those...that would be a mess.

Ok, life coaching. isn't that what started this rampage? Wow, ya see...maybe you will wish I kept this blogging door shut?

The first Friday of every school month is double late start.  While at first I wanted to punch the person who invented double late start, not to be confused with regular late start which is every other Friday, my tune is now changed.

After I drop off the girls to the other two school, I get to have my now 16 year old son home alone with ME!!!!  LUCKY HIIM!  jk lucky me.  We have had a few bumps on what our expetations would be for said late start and after doing this for two years now I think we have finally worked at the kinks.  sort of.   Here were are issues we have fought about...how long can he sleep in?  The girls being too loud (hello small house), waking him up for family prayer, procrastinating homework, messy room, wanting to just play video games, should we skip seminary....

Here is what we decided.  Yes we skip seminary.  Sorry seminary. But once a month is a pretty dang good record (ok it was twice this month), because sometime we all need more sleep.  So instead of getting up at 5:45 I slept til 6:20 and it was glorious!  Yes I know there are a billion of you all that have to wake up at 4 a.m. etc, I understand.  I actually don't even mind much getting up for seminary my body wickedly likes it now and doesn't differentiate if its a Saturday.

Okay, so here is my philosophy in life.  Do the work first, then play.  So today, I was reminding to clean up disaster of a desk, put away clothes, practice a few minutes ACT book (thank for for that push Uncle Brandon, the evans one), say prayers, eat, get lunch ready, desposit checks, whatever else misc.......and then (this is after homework is done).  THEN...your time is yours.

Well got lots of complaints today.  Lots.  And then I said, dude you still need to start studying for your AP test, and Saturday you are going to do some yard work.  insert typical teenage groaning.  complaints.

I am getting frustrated and may or may not have swore.  Listen teenage man child I say (not really).  All of this stuff, is it for me?  (minus yard work).  All this stuff I have asked you this morning, is any of it to any benefit of me?  NO!  Its all to benefit himself.  I am getting him to do things that benefit himself.  And then it hit me.  I am your life coach!  So I told him.  Why has it never hit me that mothers are our children life coaches????? Duh!  

And then I asked him, who is MY life coach?  And he smirks.  He said I'm not telling you.
Me:  Who is it?
Teenager:  I'm not saying it.
insert me poking and bugging, why why?  say it say it?

Cause we both knew who it is.

So in the car to the school a few minutes later (he did have an hour of glorious video playing time and he fed his soul and mind and cleaned his living space). ...I asked him...Whose my life coach Luke?
God.
Well close, I was going to say the spirit.
And then I said, when your life coach is the spirit too, I don't have to be yours so much.

and then we fist pumped.  Ok we didn't but thats how it felt.

1 comment:

Brandon Walter Evans said...

If Luke finishes that book he gets another one and when it is summer and i get around to it darby gets hers. Darby is pumped, she might start a McCoy ACT challenge.